1. Mines and Geology Department Haryana is responsible for systematic development [exploration and exploitation] of the mineral resources in the State following the principles of sustainable development. Apart from regulation of minerals in the state department also regulates the operations of the Stone Crushers in the State.
2. The Mines & Geology Department is responsible for the administration of following statutes:
● Mines and Mineral (Development & Regulation) Act, 1957.
● Mineral Concession Rules, 1960.
● Haryana Minor Mineral Concession, Stocking, Transportation of Minerals and
Prevention of Illegal Mining Rules, 2012 notified on 20.06.2012.
● Haryana Regulation and Control of Crusher Act, 1991 and Rules framed there under namely Haryana Regulation and Control of Crusher Rules,1992.
● Haryana Minerals (Vesting of Rights) Act, 1973.
3. The Department has is head quarter at Chandigarh and has its field offices in 15 districts of the state. The Director, Mines & Geology an IAS officer is being assisted by the Mining Engineers and Geologists for technical works relating to mineral administration and Geological exploration.